The Fantasy Football (Soccer – round ball!) site that is all about the first question that pops in to the mind of every FPL manager when a goal goes in, but their guy hasn’t scored. And some finance and psychology stuff, too.
Made by two young professionals from London who are waaaaay too obsessed with FPL, much to the consternation of our other halves.
We’re Nick (matamatics, left) and Tom (individual, right). We’re friends from school. We’re both people who sit in the vague “young professionals” bracket, based in London, who want to add their voice to the FPL community. We’re two FPL fanatics, who spend far too many waking (and sleeping, for that matter) hours thinking about and talking about FPL, who wanted to take it further. We both spend weekends (and weekdays if it’s on!) glued to our phones, checking livescore and FFS (Fantasy Football Scout), to see who’s scored and, without fail, asking the next question all managers ask: “who got the assist?”
In short, we are, almost definitely, a version of you.
We aren’t looking to challenge the big players in the FPL community. Instead, we’re looking to provide a complementary voice in the community, and one that brings something slightly different.
We will focus on:
- The economy of FPL, a huge part of the game now, as chips have pushed the need for big team value towards the double game weeks (alongside the almost ludicrously sensitive transfer market that we all experienced in the 2016/17 season) with some financial insight derived Nick’s experience working in financial services.
- The psychological side of FPL, building on my (Tom’s) experience working for a commercial behavioural science company, to try to shed new light on why people do things.
- Understanding the meta that evolves week-to-week in FPL, to help you make better decisions.
- Regular features, such as:
- A gameweekly article based on the price risers/fallers, with our advice on whether to buy/sell/hold
- A gameweekly article on both our views of the lineups (away from the hype of other forums) and also who we are tipping for goals, assists, points and to blank in every game.
- A gameweekly listicle on key movers and shakers, plus giving those unfashionable, “under the radar” type players some love.
- The Anti-Meta Darksiders team
The pod will verbalise all those things, and is designed to be a platform for us to put our voices out there and our opinions about the game. We’ll also do this gameweekly, as much as work and life allow – hopefully someone will be out there to listen to us talk for around an hour about FPL!
We’re kicking off the blog with, not a look back, but a look forward on some of the big trends we think are developing in terms of the FPL. We’ll be posting out first blog in a few days.
Want to get involved? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org